The Office of Hearing Services (OHS) manages the delivery of subsidised hearing services to eligible clients. A division of the Department of Health and Ageing, the Office of Hearing Services allows clients to choose their hearing care provider.
Australian citizens and permanent residents 21 years or older are eligible for free hearing services if they are:
- A Pension Concession Card holder
- Receiving a Sickness Allowance from Centrelink
- The holder of a Gold Repatriation Card issued for all conditions
- The holder of a White Repatriation Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss
- A dependent of a Pension and/or Concession Card holder
- A member of the Australian Defence Force
- Undergoing an Australian Government funded disability management services and are referred by their case manager.