During your hearing assessment appointment, your Clinician will perform a series of tests and interpret them to provide a diagnostic assessment. In your appointment, you can expect the following:
- A discussion about your hearing and your medical history
- Otoscopy – a visual look in your ears
- Audiometry - presentation of sounds to your ears to determine your hearing ability
- Speech testing - to confirm speech clarity
- Tympanometry - testing the middle ear system for any signs of dysfunction.
Eg. Wax, glue ear.
Once the assessment is complete, we will explain the results and recommend if any
further investigation or treatment is required by a medical professional.
If the tests confirm a hearing loss that could benefit from amplification,
your Clinician will discuss suitable
style options with you.